No Car…No Problem! Your Guide for Getting Around Savannah GA
Savannah GA is a beautiful city with so much to see and do. How does one actually get around using paid and even public transportation? Driving your own car and always moving to parking garages that are near popular sites is an option as well. We’ll go over both modes of getting around Savannah. There’s always Uber and Lyft as well. One of the best ways to see Savannah is on foot of course.
DOT Downton Free Trolley
There are 2 routes: Downtown and Forsyth Park which go through the most popular center squares of the city.
- Runs every 10 minutes.
- Operates Monday – Friday 7 am – 7 pm. Saturday 10 am – 7 pm. Sunday 10 am – 6 pm.
- Get on and off at 18 stops around the Historic District.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- ADA Accessible
- Only service animals are permitted.
- Total loop time takes about 90-mintues, however you can hop off at any time.
- 15 Stops throughout the Historic District.
- Their signature Savannah characters hop on at different stops and entertain the guests.
- Narrated with historical facts as you drive by sites.
- Times: Starts at 9 am and circles back around to each stop every 15-20 mintues until 4:30 – 5 pm.
- TourPass includes full admission to the top tours and attractions in Charleston.
- In addition, our mobile pass shows your exact location via interactive maps, so you’ll never get lost.
- We have a parking garage map and you can also view the free trolley route map from within the Mobile Pass.
- Checkout our Savannah TourPass page to see what’s included.
Driving Your Own Vehicle
- Download the Parking App. If you want to use street metered parking this app is worth downloading.
- Walk! This is the absolute best way to get around the city if you are able to do so.
- Savannah Visitor Center
- 301 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Savannah GA 31401
- A surface parking lot but is a great place to start your vacation since all of the free and paid Hop on Hop Off Trolleys stop here.
- Whitaker Street Parking Garage
- 7 Whitaker Street, Savannah GA 31401
- Another great starting location since it’s near River Street, the City Market and Ellis Square.
- Bryan Street Parking Garage
- 100 East Bryan Street, Savannah GA 31401
- Also close to River Street and many attractions.
Yes, there are quite a few large parking garages scattered throughout the downtown Savannah area. In addition, there are many metered street parking locations. We recommend that you download the Savannah parking app
Download the Parking App. If you want to use street metered parking this app is worth downloading.
Absolutely it is a safe and walkable city. The historic district is considered to be very safe. It’s best to be street smart however and not walk alone at night.