If you’re in charge of planning group travel and touring in Charleston, SC then you’ve come to the right place. In the group travel guide to Charleston we’ll go over things to do, what you can’t miss and how to come out looking like a rock star for planning the ultimate family reunion, school trip or corporate retreat.
Table of Contents
Charleston SC Group Tours: Planning What to Do for Your Group
There are so many amazing tours and attractions in Charleston that it can be a bit overwhelming to figure out what to do. The main thing is ensuring that the tour operators have the capacity to get your entire group on a tour. The second is ensuring that the tour operator is reputable and provides an amazing experience.
Top Tours to Consider in Charleston
There are a number of tours that are must-do experiences when visiting Charleston. Below we’ll outline what we think would be the optimal Charleston experience for your group.
- Fort Sumter Tour – Get on a large ferry boat and take a ride out to this island fort where the first shot of the Civil War took place. This is a fun and laid back tour that takes you out to this National Park where Park Rangers answer questions and explain the role of Fort Sumter throughout the history of America.
- Harbor Tour – If you don’t want to visit the fort, a great way to experience Charleston from the water is on a harbor tour. Not only are these boats large, they can accomdate a large group. The tour will highlight different points of interest in the harbor. There’s also a snack bar where you can get alcoholic drinks if you choose.
- Plantation Tours – We have a few different plantations that are included on Tour Pass Charleston such as Boone Hall, Drayton Hall and McLeod Plantation. These properties are not only beautiful, they will give your group a grasp on the role of plantations in our past, the people who lived there and worked the fields as well.
- Carriage Tour – most carriages in Charleston can take 15 or so people on one tour. Experience 25-30 blocks of the historic district with licensed and experienced guides.
- History or Ghost Walking Tours – with Tour Pass we have 6 or 7 of the best walking tours in the city. Everything from haunted graveyards to historic stories…learn it all on a walking tour.
- House Museum Tours – There are a number of great house museums in Charleston that are worth visiting. Just show your pass for entry. Groups are permitted to enter 10 at a time in most homes. Before arriving, please call or contact the property so they’re ready to accept a large group.
Why You Need a Charleston Tour Pass
Stress-Free Touring is What We Do
We work with groups large and small all the time. Tour Pass provides your group with simplistic group reservation via our Mobile Pass.
- Show one pass and admit everyone at once: You can put all people in your group on one pass…it’s easy!
- No need to fumble with paperwork…visit a bunch of website making reservations.
- The Mobile Pass provides detailed info on all tours, maps and more.
- Non-consecutive day use: If your group purchases a multi-day pass (2 or more days), your days of use can be non-consecutive if you want. There’s a 10-day window to use your days purchased. A day will not activate until you check-in or make a reservation.
- For instance you can use your 2-day pass on Monday…skip a few days and use the second day on Wednesday.
- Save money: You can save a significant amount of money touring with Tour Pass versus paying full retail gate prices.
- Stress-free touring: We make it easy since only the top tours and attractions are allowed to participate. No bad tours or ruined experiences.
How Charleston Tour Pass Works
- Visit our Charleston page and see what tours and attractions we offer on the pass.
- To see availability that each Featured Tour has on the dates you want to travel visit the Charleston Tour Availability Search page
- Decide how many days your group want to tour. We have 1 – 5 day pass options. Depending the on the number of day pass you choose, you get to choose the following number of tours:
- 1-Day Pass: Choose 2 Featured Tours + you can visit an unlimited number of Standard Attractions.
- 2-Day Pass: Choose 3 Featured Tours + you can visit an unlimited number of Standard Attractions.
- 3-Day Pass: Choose 4 Featured Tours + you can visit an unlimited number of Standard Attractions.
- 4-Day Pass: Choose 4 Featured Tours + you can visit an unlimited number of Standard Attractions.
- 5-Day Pass: Choose 5 Featured Tours + you can visit an unlimited number of Standard Attractions.
Mobile Pass Demonstration
Types of Groups We Work With
We’ve worked with the following groups when planning travel:
- Corporate groups, meeting & conventions
- Travel Professionals
- Military reunions
- Class reunions
- Educational & school groups